Friday, December 30, 2011

In Closing

The end of 2011 is coming up fast and so I thought I'd look back and see where I've been this year.

It's been a busy time.  My first novel, Aure the Topaz and gone from being self published to being of interest to a publisher.  While it will not be re-published in 2012, it will be prepared for publication, assuming I agree to the terms of the publishing contract.  That is very much TBD.

At the same time, I completed writing my second novel, Vorn, the Topaz, and began writing the third novel, Telep the Diamond.  I am hoping to finish writing Telep in Q1 2012 and then go back and revise Vorn.  From there, I will probably submit it to my publisher and then begin writing the fourth novel, Calen the Emerald.

I also spent time this year writing short stories.  I released two on Smashwords and I am revising a third which I submitted to my publisher for consideration in a quarterly online magazine.

Poetry has also been in the mix.  I am experimenting more with poetry and wrote several that I like and that other people have responded to.  One, Regret, won a contest on Facebook and was included in an anthology.

I have also kept this blog going, which to me is the most incredible thing I've done in 2011, since I wasn't sure I could.  Guess, there are more words in me than I realized, which is a nice way of saying, I talk too much.

Looking ahead, I have no clue what 2012 has in store.  I suspect more short stories and poems are in my future but much of my time will be focused on my novels.  At least that's the plan.  Life is constantly through me curves; my problem is I keep striking out.  Maybe next year I'll hit one out of the park.

Thank you all for reading my blog in 2011. Best wishes for a happy new year to you all and hope to see you in the new year.

No comments: