Monday, April 29, 2013

This seems odd to me, what do you think?

ReaderCon will be held in July this year. For those who are unfamiliar with this event, it a convention for imaginative literature -- science fantasy, fantasy, horror and similar genres. This year it is in Burlington, MA which is not far from my Boston-based publisher.

So I asked them if they were going to attend the convention since they have several books to promote now and the Con is perfect place to do that. I also was thinking that if they did attend, I could show up one day to sign copies of my novel.

But that aren't going, which has got me scratching my head. I would've thought that a convention in their own backyard would be something they would jump at. But I guess not. Still it seems odd to me, but I suppose that like any business, they have to decide which events they attend and which ones they skip. 

Still, it seems odd to me. What do you think?


No comments: