Friday, March 4, 2011

2011 is the Year of the Kindle

My birthday is later this month.  As a surprise, my wife brought me a Kindle.  I know this, not because she told me; she didn't.  In fact she refused to tell me.  But I was able to guess correctly from the clues she let drop.  Once I guessed, she admitted it.

I'm sure I will enjoy using the e-book reader.  I certainly can use it to debug the Kindle version of my e-book.

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine, another writer, got a Kindle for his birthday in January from his wife.  It does seems that 2011 is the year of the Kindle.  I'll be sure to post a review of the device here once I receive and start using it.

I am very interested to see if the claim Amazon makes, about being able to read text of the screen in bright sunlight, is true.  I say this because I am thinking about purchasing an iPad and the commercial Amazon runs showing this capability really slams the iPad but good.  Of course, the iPad does a lot more but I'm trying to determine what e-book format to investigate in.

So I may have many more gadgets to play with soon.  Technology, can't live with it ...

No comments: