Monday, March 14, 2011

The Race to Finish

I'm about halfway through my revision now.  I had planned to be done by the end of March.  I don't know if I can finish by then but I can certainly move faster.  Why?  Because a writing friend put me in touch with an editor who is helping caught all the error I can't.  Thank God, for networking.  The best part here is my friend volunteered the information.  I followed up and now I've got someone reading the first 11 chapters.

I know I've used outside help in the past and have been disappointed.  But this time is different.  She is only looking at grammar, punctuation, word choice, and sentence structure.  Everything else is done.  So I should be able to move faster in my revision and I should end up with clearer copy when this is all done.  

I know, famous last words.  I am skeptical too but I have no choice because I'm not finding all the errors myself.  I've read the text too many time.  So at least for this book, I must have outside help in order to produce clean enough text to sell the book to the publisher who is interested.

Hopefully, I will not have these same problems in the next book.  We'll see.  One step at a time.

First, finish the revision and send it out to the publisher.  If it sells, move onto book 2.

If it does not, update all my self-published versions and renew my promotion of the book.  Then move onto book 2.

Either way, I should be completing my second book this year. That should help with sales.

That's the plan anyway.

No comments: