Friday, June 14, 2013

Waterlogged

It's raining...

Again.

This is the third rainstorm in a week and so far we've had a about seven inches of rain, which is enough to wipe out the deficit we had and flood my basement.

The sump pump is running regularly but when I have this much water, it is really can't handle the load.

On the bright side, each storm gives me more information on how to potential prevent future flooding. I've got some ideas to try now but I'll have to wait until things dry out.

And the really strange part is the western part of the country is dry and could use this rain but we, who don't need it now, are inundated.

Maybe July and August will be dry. That's happened before. Meantime I'm get waiting for the rain to stop so I can get out the wetvac and start cleaning up.

Keep writing everyone.

No comments: