Friday, January 4, 2013

Web site review: Fantasy Faction

I stumbled into the website Fantasy Faction the other day. What caught my eye was the series of posts about writing fantasy novels and stories. I found the series too high-level. But then I realized I know more than most about such things. I clearly was not the audience for those posts, so I poked around a little more.

Another post about making maps for fantasy stories got my attention. That post was good as far as it went but it discusses how to create maps by hand. By hand! I've not done that since some time in the 1990's. C'mon folks. If you are going to make a map, use Photoshop or one of the specialized applications available to handle the job.

Still, the site is a good one. It aims to be for fantasy novels what IMDB is for movies. I think they still have a way to go. But they have lots of folks contributing to it. Check it out. I'm definitely going back for a second helping.

No comments: