Monday, October 31, 2011

Taking a Break

I think I need to take a break from blogging and a few other things because it is getting increasingly hard to attend to everything that needs my attention.  My stress is up -- I can feel it -- and my temper short.  I feel burnt out and I need to recharge.

This time of year, as the holidays approach, is always bad for me.  Partly because of the added stress our society places on this time, partly because I lost family members during this time and I feel their absence more, and partly because I need more sunlight.  Usually, that last part doesn't hit me until January or February but, just like the winter storm we just had, my sunlight disorder seems to be early this year.

Saying all this, admitting I need a break is hard for me.  I'm not one to quit in the face of challenges.  In fact, I'm the kind of person that, when he sees a problem, tries to fix it and make it better.  It suppose that's part of the issue here.  I've got too many fingers in too many pies.  And yet I've cut back already.  I'm doing  less than I used to.  Still, I can't keep going the way I have been.  Better to admit the truth than keep going half-heartedly.

I don't know what else to say.  So I'll end here.  I'll be sure to write if anything changes.  But for now, so long.


No comments: