Monday, May 23, 2011

Better Late...

I'm just getting to my blog today, Monday evening.  Usually I've got the Monday post written by the morning.  But today, I was nowhere near my computer until now.  I had a seminar to attend.  So I had no choice.  But no matter, I probably could have skipped this post as I have little to say.

But I feel an obligation to my readers so I'll keep this brief and will not bore... hopefully.

Life continues as I wait to hear from my publisher.  I continue to listen to my characters and develop their subplots.  The main plot is well-defined but the sub-plots of all the character need to be developed as I round out this book and plan for the next one.

And it's a good thing I'm doing this.  I've already found one issue; I have two scenes that are very similar.  I'll have to merge them and create a new scene for one of them.

And I need to work as fast as I can.  Up till now I've been waiting for the revision of the first book to be complete.  Well, that's history.  If I want to have a second book to be ready by the end of the year, then I need to hustle.

There are no guarantees on that and if the first book is accepted I may have more delays with book 2 as I work out a few details on book 1.  Even if it is not accepted I will have to prepare it for self-publishing.  All the more reason to type as fast as I can.  Now if all the other elements of my life would cooperate, I'd be all set.

But I'm not expecting that.  So it's one day at a time and see how far I can get before I'm derailed.

No comments: