Friday, December 21, 2012

The Week in Review

It is strange how the mind works sometimes. Case in point: many years ago, during my first attempt at writing creative fiction, I began work on a story. As you might imagine I ran into all kind of problems because I was new at this. The biggest issue was how to end the story. I couldn't find one that satisfied me so I abandoned the project and didn't try to writing a novel for another five years.

Now fast forward to the present. I woke up the other day and realized with an epiphany how to end my old story. I couldn't believe it and the answer was so simple. So I've dusted off my old files and have begun to re-read and revise them.

It is safe to say that I'm a better writer now than I was then and I expect some of the writing needs a little work. But the story was never really finished and had other issues that I need to address. So I've made it my back burner project so that I don't distract myself from working on Book 4.

I wrapped up my review of Book 3 last week and it will sit now for awhile. I shouldn't need to look at it again until Book 2 goes to the publisher and that won't happen until after Book 1 is released so I've got about a month or two I think.

I can still waiting to see book cover samples from the publisher. Supposedly they are working on this. And in the meantime, I thought now was a good time to have professional photos of myself taken. I need these for my media kit and for the back cover of Book 1. Fortunately, my wife is a photographer and has connections with other local photographers so she was able to get the use of a studio at no cost.

She is now reviewing and adjusting a few minor items, after which I will pick one for the back cover and perhaps update my Facebook page too. We'll see.

Keep writing everyone.

No comments: