Sunday, June 17, 2012

She Will Be Missed

At 3AM or so this morning, my dog, Jules, died.  She was sleeping next me when she gave a scream.  I checked her immediately but it was too late.  She was gone.  We went to the animal hospital after bundling her in her blanket and they confirmed what we suspected.  She will be cremated and returned to us.  My sweet little baby dog.

Last November she had been bitten by a tick and contracted Lyme disease.  We tried to fight it and I thought we had gotten her stable.  Apparently I was wrong.  But if her kidneys did not fail then I suppose her had a heart attack.  Who knows?

My one comfort is that she did not suffer much and we were with her when it happened; one should not have to die alone.

I am told all dogs go to Heaven; I can only hope this is true.  Jules deserves no less.  And about the saddest thing I can think of is the death of a five and half pound little Chihuahua who wanted nothing but to be loved.

Yes, Jules will be missed.

We love you little girl.

No comments: