Friday, January 27, 2012

Apologies to All

Apparently my Twitter account was breached Wednesday or Thursday morning and spammed all my followers.  I've reset my password to prevent that from happening again but to everything affected let me apologize and say please ignore and twitter message from me you may have received this week.

Apparently it is fairly easy to fake direct messages to others on Twitter so I'll be more careful in the future.  Fortunately, the folks who wrote back to me to warn me, know what I sound like and ignored the message.

To the people who breached the account all I can say is, Don't you have something better to do with your time?  Aren't there real issues you could focus your attention on?  Or are you so juvenile that this sort of cyber prank is how you get laughs for yourself?

Personally, I don't see the point of hacking a twitter account.  You can't get any information about me that's really important and you can't even pose as me.  The worst you can do is spam people and one more piece of spam is hardly noticed.  I was spammed back too but I ignored it once I realized it was spam and that all the messages from my followers were identical.

So nice try assholes but all you did was annoy me.  Not a smart move because now that I know you are there I'll be on guard against you.


No comments: