Friday, August 5, 2011

Seize the Day

When my first novel was published late last year, my nephew promised to read it.  We was very excited to do so and expected to get to it as part of an assignment for school.  Apparently he was expecting his teacher to assign an independent reading assignment.

That never happened.  So I suggested he get on it now, as summer is the perfect time to read, especially since he has little to do with school out.

I immediately realized I'm not one to talk.  I waited two months to hear been from my publisher about my revised novel in the hopes she would take it only to find out all the slots for 2012 are taken.  So I now have to wait another year to hear back from her.

I never should have waited.  I should have seized the moment and re-published immediately.  The good news is all the production work is complete I just need to see a few proof copies and I'll be back in business.

In the meantime, the second novel is about half way done and I am looking for test readers so if you are interested please let me know.  I'm planning to have this book completed by the end of the year.

So let's all learn from this experience: seize your opportunities when they arise.  And keep writing.

No comments: