Friday, January 7, 2011

The Other Shoe

I've been waiting for weeks for *someone* to read my novel and give me feedback.  At the same time I've been dreading it because I'm been afraid that the reviews would not be positive.  But that's part of being a writer so I decided not to worry about it and wait and see what happens.

Well, I'm finally getting feedback, six weeks later and... (envelope please) ... the reviews are good.

A friend of mine called the book a real page turner, the other day, and this morning, I got mail from a writer met on the Science Fiction and Fantasy web site (awesome site, btw) who liked the book, particularly two of the characters that I thought we really weak.

And finally I can breathe again.  The book is good.  The story is good.  And my convictions to self-publish and persevere are vindicated.

I say this, because, if truth be told, I've been fighting with myself about taking this path. Maybe I was premature to publish.  Maybe I should have waited.  Maybe the story is no good.

But none of that is true, it seems and so I can confidently move forward with the book and the series.

Frankly, I can't think of a better way to the new year.

Now if I can just get some reviews posted...

No comments: