Monday, September 3, 2012

I Seem To Be Repeating Myself

Over the last few weeks -- while recovering from the ailment that keep me in bed for over a week -- I had time to review my blog posts to date.  And it seems clear to me that I've been repeating myself, at least on a few topics like revising stories and getting started.  Prior to finding an editor, the subject of publishing was a frequent matter of discussion too.

I suppose this is to be expected since the blog is not a well thought out comprehensive book on writing.  It is far more a stream-of-consciousness kind of thing.  Which is not to say I don't give thought to my blog posts.  I do.  But I don't remember them all and so I'm bound to repeat myself a few times.

But now that I am aware of what I've been doing I have avoid this pitfall in the future.  Besides, I have this feeling that the blog will be changing soon, focusing less on writing and revision and more on my experiences in the world of publishing.

For example, I'm expecting work on the book cover to start soon.  I want to share what I learn from that experience because I don't think any new writer entering the world of publishing has provided insight or observations about the process.  Maybe there's nothing to say.  And maybe there is but people are so busy they don't feeling it is important enough to share.

I am not going to try to decide what is important for the reader and what is not.  Since my audience is mixed and diverse, I think my best plan is to share new information and let you figure out what is meaningful and what is not.

But until that process starts, the blog will remain as it is.  I will try not to repeat myself but that's really hard since I've been blogging for over two years now and the list of unexplored topics is really short -- somewhere between 0 and 1.

Nevertheless I will do what I can and hope for the best.  In the meantime, I have the final edit on Aure, the Topaz to complete and I need to finish getting over this disease that stole my voice and still hasn't given it all back yet.


No comments: