Monday, August 13, 2012

The Road Ahead

I haven't written much about what's going on with me these days so I thought it was time for an update.

Book 1, Aure the Topaz, is in the second round of editing with the publisher.  I've got the feeling this will be a more extensive edit.  But I could be wrong. I took many of the edits from the first round.

Once the edits are complete, the publisher will turn its attention to the book cover, the book trailer, and other matters of this type.  They have already reviewed by web site.  They gave the content two thumbs up, but the design they said was lacking.  I disagreed but knowing I had still some issues with the site, I did a little rearranging.  The result -- now live -- is a site that addressed all issues.

They currently are looking at my media kit.  It is only partial complete.  There were items that they said I should include, like the demographics, that I had to guess at.

Meanwhile, Book 2, Vorn the Onyx, is in revision.  I'm about half way done with it.  The publisher like the beginning of the book so I'm hoping they will pick it up once it is ready.  I don't know when that will be but my target date is by the end of the year. It might be ready soon that that. Hard to say.

I continue to write poetry as the mood hits.  I plan to collect it all into a single volume but I probably won't have enough poems for some years yet.

I've spent much of the summer writing short stories. I want to have more that Aure ready and available for sale for the book launch. This will show people there is more in this well than one novel.  That's important because one-hit-wonders are common. People who can last and go the distance with multiple books are less common.

At present I'm planning two collections of stories using characters from my fantasy series.  Stories for the first collection are already on Smashwords and now available in print from lulu.com.  Stories for the second collection will trickle out over the fall.

Looking out a little further, I begin writing Book 4 as soon as Book 2 goes to the publisher.  But in all honesty, with so much going on now, it is hard to think that far ahead because by then the promotion of Book 1 will be taking up some of my time too -- I just don't know what form that will take yet.




No comments: