Friday, April 15, 2011

On the Verge

The revision of my first novel (the one I will resubmit to the publisher that is interested) is nearly complete. I'm down to two chapters and some miscellaneous edits.  So I'll be writing to her soon and asking how to resubmit the story.

In the meantime, I'll not we wasting my momentum.  It's onto the second novel, which continues the story. I should be able to pull that book together over the summer and get it out.  Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one, boys and girls.

The real challenge is novel 3.  I only have a very rough and very old draft and lots a new material to write. Not sure how long that will take.  I would love to finish it next year but that may not be realistic.  I'll have to wait and see how it goes.

Even though I've been at this point in my schedule and writing projects, I notice a difference this time.  That's because I'm not rushing anything.  And if novel 1 does not sell, I will release it as a self-published novel through all the channels I established a few months ago.

And because I know what I will be doing and how I will handle the release of the book, there's less stress and more a sense of the routine which helps to keep me calm and prevents rushing.

So I should have an announcement about book 1 in a few weeks one way or the other.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: