Saturday, November 1, 2014

I Don't Know What Happened

Somehow, I managed to sell a handful of stories on Smashwords in Q3. I really don't know how that happened. I spent that time promoting my novel, not my short stories. I'm guessing that by giving away countless copies of my stories, that when I switched over and started charging for my work, a few people decided I was worth the risk.

I honestly don't understand. The only thing that is clear is activity on Smashwords is a lot slower. In fact, I seem to be selling more on Barnes & Noble than on Smashwords.

The audio version of Aure the Topaz is now available on iTunes, Audible.com, and Amazon.com.

I also released a new short story, Carbon Footprint. The story speculates about the near future when researchers develop a new strain of seaweed designed to scrub out carbon dioxide more efficiently. The other unique thing about this seaweed is it grows on synthetic material which can be used to wrap buildings in allowing more surface area to be devoted to controlling greenhouse gases. The story follows the progress of this invention as it is released into our world.

Work on Book 2 continues. I think I'm looking at a Q1 2015 release now. But I'll keep plugging away at it.

No comments: