Sunday, May 4, 2014

Surprises

I've been having a few unexpected things happening here recently. The first was the other day when I realized that sudden upheavals seem to trigger my desire to write. You see, the husband of a cousin died suddenly and in response I wound up writing some poetry. This isn't the first time that's happened either. Odd that this should be my response. But I guess it is one of the ways in which I deal with the loss.

Then yesterday I found myself doing graphics work again. I've been doing that a lot lately because I create my own covers for my short stories. Sometimes it is hard to find an image or create a cover. In fact sometimes I have to settle for the images I can find so I can release it. Usually this is an occasional task, but recently it has been occurring with more frequency, probably because I'm releasing stories on a regular basis and I've got a poetry collection coming too.

And it is my inability to make the cover I want for my poetry collection which is likely to delay it from releasing. I need a way to create smokey letters and so far that has not happened. I may need to pay to have it done. 

Keep writing everyone.

No comments: