Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Little Light Verse

I suppose this blog post would've been more appropriate last month, during National Poetry Month, but I wasn't ready to tell anyone my first book of poems will be ready in June. That's right, after years of writing poetry I finally managed to write enough verse to put the best ones together in a single volume.

The book, Paraphernalia in My Pocket, shares the name with this blog for one very simple reason: in both cases, the things I'm writing are little bits of things that illustrate a point or idea. To be honest, when I started this blog four years ago, I never intended to publish my poems. But times change and the title for the book of poetry is the right one.

I could change the name of the blog, but I don't think that's necessary. I don't think there'll be much -- if any -- confusion.

And more poems keep on coming. No sooner do I complete the edits on Volume 1 than more poems start flying onto the page. So there could easily be a second volume or perhaps a second edition of my poems. Who knows? Whatever happens there it will be years away, I'm sure.

The timing for this book is perfect for the New England Authors Expo in July. I'll be there to try and sell my wares which will now include, one novel, Aure the Topaz, one book of poetry, and one small collection of short stories (left over from my appearance at the Local Authors Day in Chelmsford last year). I'll have more to say about the Expo as the date arrives.

In also looks like I'll be able to participate in the Meet the Author series given by the Weymouth Library. I've contacted them and they now have my name for the fall. Additionally I am trying to get my book into speciality stores like Pandemonium Books in Cambridge. They stock my novel and the owner of the place loved it. I'm now trying to get the book stock in a comic book to see how it does there.

Lastly, I expect to be done with the revision of Book 2 in the Aglaril Cycle by mid-June. At which time, I will contact my publisher to see what interest they have in that book. So a lot of great things are happening. Hope everyone reading this will be good enough to support my efforts.

Keep writing, everyone!

No comments: