Sunday, March 9, 2014

Mark your Calendar, Please

With my TV interview complete (video will be ready in about two weeks), my focus now turns to promoting next month's event in other venues and media. I've sent email to several people and have post the event in the announcement area of several MeetUp groups I belong to. I also tweeted on this  subject yesterday. Once the video is out, I will follow up again.

But until that time I need to do the shameless plug here. So for those of you living in or near the Boston area, please mark your calendars for April 8 at 7 pm. At that time I and five other writers will talk about our work at the Thomas Crane Library in Quincy.

I don't think I need to say that authors who do not have name recognition or a large following need all the support they can get. The same is true of musicians, painters, sculptors, or anyone else promoting their art. I am amazing how quickly and easily work from relatively unknown artists can disappear in a heartbeat. It takes a lot of work and perseverance to keep going. And for that reason, these people need and deserve the support of the communities in which they live because without them, new ideas die, creativity is stifled, and life is a lot less interesting.

So I hope anyone reading this who is able to come to the event will do and support not only me but the other local authors who have agreed to come and speak.

Keep writing everyone.

No comments: